The Habersham County Manager manages the daily operation of the county government. The manager serves as a liaison between the Board of Commissioners and the public, as well as between the Commissioners and the county department directors.
The County Manager is responsible for:
- Ensuring that the County Commission's policies are carried out
- Assisting Commissioners in developing those policies and other goals
- Providing administrative leadership to the departments of the county government
- Developing and presenting an annual budget
- Striving for efficiency, effectiveness and innovation in the delivery and funding of services
- Serving as a liaison between the Commissioners and other elected officials
The goal of the County Manager is to ensure that county services are delivered in a courteous and professional manner and to enhance the image of the county. Office hours are 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.