The Georgia Departrment of Public Health provides primary prevention through a combination of surveillance, education, enforcement, and assessment programs designed to identify, prevent and abate the environmental conditions that adversely impact human health.
Environmental Health is responsible for informing the public of environmental health hazards, preventing illness through monitoring, assessments and education, as well as protecting the public from environmental health risks. Doing so involves enforcement of state laws and county ordinances and permitting/inspection of certain types of public establishments.
Learn more by clicking the links below:
- District 2 Public Health Website
- Environmental Health Inspection Search Portal
- Environmental Health Services Fee Schedule (Download)
- Existing On-Site Sewage Management System Performance Evaluation (Download)
- Septic Application (Download)
- Environmental Health Rules and Regulations